Pages

Wednesday, January 15, 2025

1/15/25; Madam Philastephanie

 Read the original post here

Madam Philastephanie is a special lady to me. She reminds me of my aunt, who is very much an animal person, and also a reason that I write and create so much. The idea of her having various woodland creatures doing tasks for her, communicating with her, and sharing a mutual love and respect for the other is a life I want to live myself.

When coming up with shops, I always think "How can I make this one unique and memorable?"

For Philastephanie, I wanted her shop to show that it's green magic, calming and reassuring. Compared to another local magic vendor, she's meant to be kind-hearted, contrasting their bitterness, but not being as useful. She has no ill bone in her body and loves everyone, regardless of how angry they may get. 

I don't think I put this in the posting, but if you practice Tarot, she can give readings for a fee. This means you could actually do a reading for your player, or just make up a meaning.

As I'm developing these ideas, I realize I'm not giving people enough autonomy and just giving a concrete solution. I am still learning how to break these ideas from my own personal use into the world for others to use. All the tables, all the specific details of things...like, sure, they help me out, but they might not help the next person out. I do want to encourage people who use my ideas to bend them how they need to. I don't want people to plagiarize my ideas, however. I mean to inspire, not profit. 

I went off on a tangent, I'm sorry.

How was your holiday? Mine was ruined by my period and isolation from snow storms. But, I'll get over it. There's always next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment