Pages

Wednesday, November 27, 2024

11/27/24; Sir Aaron

Read the original posting here!

Today's post was about an NPC, Sir Aaron. Here's the story behind him.


Over the summer, I had to be hospitalized for self-harm reasons. While in the hospital, I met many amazing, wonderful, soulful people. One of those people was a dude named Aaron. Aaron is a very successful man, a very kind soul, and someone who I grew to appreciate as his time to leave got closer. When we first met, I was wearing an Animal Crossing sweatshirt, and he told me about how his daughter loves to play the game. We had talked about Dungeons and Dragons as well as other RPG's and I revealed to him that I'm a dungeon master. His one question to me was how I felt about the races in DnD, and how racial traits are kind of racist. Me, being white, never put any true thought into this, and it helped me open my mind a little more. We had gotten into a logical and rather civil conversation about it. It was lovely having a decent conversation about role playing games and how they affect people. Especially a man talking to a woman.

Anyway, one lunch time, Aaron and I got to talking and I told him that I homebrew. Eventually we got to the point where I had made him into an NPC, using inspiration from his life; His daughter loves Eevee from the Pokemon series, and I know of the Talking Stones, so I thought it'd be a sweet idea if he had customized the stones so that they would light up when either person was thinking about the other or touching their stone. The lit up parts would also be warm to the touch, because it's adorable and if you disagree, you are wrong.

Overall, he was an amazing man that I had met in my brief time within the mental hospital, and I doubt I'll meet another like him. Aaron, if you're reading this, I hope you're doing well, and I hope we can play together some time, either IRL or online. My line is always open.

To my readers, let me know if you use Aaron in your story! I'd love to see how my characters are used, and how I can improve writing them.

Thank you for reading.

Marie, out! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment