Pages

Thursday, November 28, 2024

The Tarot series

Tarot is the practice of using a deck of 78 cards for divination. This does not necessarily mean they can tell the future, but are merely a communication tool for guidance as you go through your life.

The Major Arcana follow the Fool (Number 0 or 1 depending on the deck used) and the 21 that come after it are considered the "Fool's Journey", starting as an innocent child who then grows to an actualized adult. These cards are considered major life events or obstacles the Fool will face.

The Minor Arcana are divided into suits; coins (or pentacles), cups, swords, and wands. These represent smaller life events the Fool may encounter. 

As I learn more about Tarot, the more I'm enjoying it. And since everything within the deck is meant to be interpreted differently, many artists have done their own interpretations of what the cards may mean, as well as the symbols to represent the suits. I thought I'd take a crack at it by making a Tarot deck useful in games. I encourage others as well to come up with their own interpretations of the cards. 

Much like with the usual postings, these can be NPC's, locations, weapons, etc. and will be noted as such.

I hope you enjoy using these in your games, and come back with a greater understanding of Tarot.

Happy reading! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment